




Baby Samuel arrived! He was born on October 8, 2008 at 6:36 p.m. He weighed 5 lbs. and 9 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. He is the most amazing thing! We were all surprised when he arrived 4 weeks early, but I guess he was ready to enter the world. I woke up that Wednesday morning with bleeding, but honestly thought nothing about it. I knew the doctors would want to check it out, but I figured I would be going home in a couple of hours. When I got checked, I found out I was 3 cm dilated! Dr. Brown said that I would be having a baby that day. I felt very overwhelmed, worried and afraid he was too early. She was concerned because the bleeding had not slowed down, so at 1:30, labor was induced. I had a really difficult time laboring with Pitocin and at 8 cm opted for the epidural, which was heavenly relief! Around 4:30, I was fully dilated and ready to push. Dr. Brown could see Samuel's head, but he was not budging. I had been pushing for 2 hours when she decided to try the vacuum. When he still did not budge, she used forceps and pulled him through the spot he was stuck on. All of a sudden, he was there! I cried instantaneously and was so ecstatic he was there. Jeff and I could not believe how quickly we fell in love with him.
That was a week ago today and he is doing great. He eats well and sleeps most of the day. Jeff was off until yesterday and was so sad to return to work. I cannot imagine having to leave him. We can just sit and stare at him all day!

1 comment:
YAY Samuel! He is just beautiful - ya'll did such a good job! We will have to have a playdate when he gets a little older.
Boo for labor though - Pitocin stinks (I had it for almost 10 hours and was contracting like a champ but wouldn't dilate...I prayed God would get me to 3cm so I could have the epi).
Glad everyone is well and that he is letting you get at least a little rest!
Post a Comment